The stars of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four movie are already connecting!
12.02.2024 - 23:25 / variety.com
Zack Sharf Digital News Director Before Samuel L. Jackson became synonymous with the Marvel Cinematic Universe thanks to his decades-long role as Nick Fury, it was “Star Wars” that was the first Hollywood mega-franchise to open its doors for the beloved actor. Jackson played Jedi master Mace Windu in George Lucas’ “Star Wars” prequel trilogy, and it’s a role he appears quite eager to play again despite Mace being killed off in 2015’s “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” after Anakin severs his hand with a lightsaber, and Emperor Palpatine electrocutes him and sends him flying out of a building window.
Not so fast. During an interview with Empire Magazine, Jackson had this to say about Mace’s fate: “HE’S NOT DEAD!!!” When the subject of Mace being brought back for his own Disney+ series came up, Jackson was asked what he would want to see in such a project. “EVERYTHING YES!!” the actor enthusiastically replied.
“Star Wars” has a history of bringing back long-presumed dead characters. “The Phantom Menace” villain Darth Maul presumably died in the first prequel movie, for instance, only for his fate to be reversed in the 2018 movie “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” So yes, Mace being alive is well possible. Jackson spoke with Empire to mark the 25th anniversary of Lucas launching the “Star Wars” prequel trilogy, which polarized audiences and film critics during its run.
“It’s been a remarkable experience. And just a very heartwarming one,” Hayden Christensen told Empire while reflecting on some of the backlash the trilogy faced during its day. “The journey that I’ve been on with ‘Star Wars’ over the last 20 plus years… it’s been a wild ride, and where we’re at now is really meaningful to me.” “I think that those movies.
The stars of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four movie are already connecting!
Community creator Dan Harmon has given a huge update on the status of the upcoming film adaptation of the popular US sitcom.Earlier this month, Donald Glover provided his own update on the film, saying: “I was told that the script — literally, I was texting today — I was told that the script was done”.“I haven’t read it yet,” he added, before clarifying that he is fully committed to the project. “It’s really just a schedule thing [but] I’m in,” said Glover, who famously portrayed Troy Barnes on the show.
Star Wars script Harrison Ford left in a London flat sold for thousands last week.The actor rented the flat in 1976 while filming Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope and when he moved out, he accidentally left a draft of the film’s script.A description of the item from the auction read: “A revised fourth draft of STAR WARS EPISODE 1: A NEW HOPE – originally titled here as The Adventures of Luke Star Killer as taken from the ‘Journal of the Whills’ by George Lucas (Saga I) STAR WARS (March 15, 1976).”On the items provenance, the description added: “This item came from the home of a family in which Harrison Ford stayed during the filming of Star Wars throughout 1976 and is likely his own copy that was left behind along with other items.“Includes the scene where we first meet Chewbaca in the cantina and where Han Solo introduces the crew to the Milennium Falcon, among many other famous scenes and lines of dialogue including ‘Boring conversation anyway.'”Last weekend (February 18), the script sold for £10,795 following via Excalibur Auctions to an unnamed collector.The auction house went on to add more information about the owners of the flat in the description of the item, writing: “…The vendor recollects that in 1976 she had an advertisement in The Sunday Times “Flat to Let”. She and her husband were looking for a lodger in their home.
Star Wars Jedi series, has said that he would like a live-action appearance of his character as long as it was “right”.Speaking at a panel at Fan Expo Vancouver 2024 on February 17, Monaghan was asked if he had thought any more on the possibility of reprising his role in a film or TV show.“It would have to be right,” answered the actor (via The Direct). “By that I mean, it has to continue the story or the character in some way.
shared multiple photos from a 40-hour visit to Paris to promote “Love On,” which will be released on February 22 (well before close friend upcoming album release in April). In multiple images, Gomez shows off her French style in a belted little black turtleneck dress with a flirty thigh slit, which she wore under a leather trench coat.She kept the all-black look going with a pair of sheer tights, pointed-toed heels, and black sunglasses. Of course, no trip to Paris is complete without a chic red lip, a , and a .
Harrison Ford left behind something more than his toothbrush when he departed a London rental.
Rooney Mara is in London this weekend to promote her new film “La Cocina,” Alonso Ruizpalacios‘ restaurant drama that has its world premiere at the Berlinale today. And during an audience Q&A, the actress had updates on a couple of other upcoming projects she’s involved in.
interview with “Good Morning America” Friday, according to the King’s former butler.The Duke of Sussex, 39, “loves his family” and is “grateful” that he was able to visit his estranged father, he said in a tell-all chat with host Will Reeve.But according to Grant Harrold, who worked for King Charles for seven years when he was the Prince of Wales, the Duke’s relatives “won’t be over the moon” about his revelations.“If Harry is going into great discussion about anything, it’s possible that the royals won’t be over the moon,” Harrold exclusively told The Post. “I have no idea why Harry feels the need to speak out, that’s what I don’t understand.
Another Star Wars project is on the way! Just a few weeks after the announcement of The Mandalorian and Grogu movie a new series is set to premiere on Disney Plus this summer! Star Wars fans will be eating well with so much new content coming in 2024! Including the third and final season of The Bad Batch! Hollywood News Daily is here to tell fans everything they need to know about this exciting news! ‘STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE’ will release this Summer(via: @Collider) pic.twitter.com/ZDZuGIspYo— ScreenTime (@screentime) February 10, 2024Star Wars: The Acolyte will be set in the High Republic Era. This was a time way before the Prequel Trilogy when the Jedi Order was at the height of its power. The series will follow a Jedi Padawan and her master as they investigate a looming evil lurking in the outer rim.
Strictly Come Dancing star Layton Williams has opened up about his 'connection' to his co-star after their dancing journey came to an end. It has been a pretty epic three weeks for the Bury-born star and his professional dance partner Nikita Kuzmin.
There have been some recent shakeups in the cast of Grey’s Anatomy ahead of the season 20 premiere, including news about former cast members coming back and beloved stars not returning.
One of the shining stars of the “Star Wars” Prequel Trilogy (even when it was originally released) is Mace Windu, played by the always-amazing Samuel L. Jackson.
halftime show on Sunday, February 11, welcomed a parade of famous friends to the stage including Alicia Keys, Lil John, and Ludacris to the stage in an epic medley of his many (many) hits.The show it self was predictably a sight to behold, complete with jeweled thrones, armies of backup dancers, costume changes, roller skates, and—at one point—a very shirtless Usher gyrating like only Usher can.As for Keys, she and Usher looked like the closest of friends during their sweet duet on “My Boo,” which came after she sang a bit of her hit "If I Ain’t Got You" at the piano wearing a bedazzled red catsuit. (Usher that someone special would be joining him on stage, and we can only assume that was Keys.)This content can also be viewed on the site it from.“It will definitely be an event,” he told in the lead-up to the big game.
Ethan Shanfeld Ozzy Osbourne has called out Kanye West for sampling a live version of “War Pigs” without permission. Apparently Osbourne denied West’s request to feature a section of the Black Sabbath song on the rapper’s new album, but West “went ahead and used the sample anyway at his album listening party last night.” Osbourne wrote on X/Twitter that West “was refused because he is an antisemite and has caused untold heartache to many.” He added, “I want no association with this man!” Things have changed since 2010, considering Osbourne seemingly didn’t take issue when West paid homage to Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” on the “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” track “Hell of a Life.” Plus, Osbourne and his wife Sharon dressed up as West and his wife Bianca Censori for Halloween last year.
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has shared the release windows for both Assassin’s Creed Codename Red and Star Wars Outlaws.Speaking as part of the company’s most recent financial report, Guillemot confirmed Ubisoft were already looking forward to the 2025 fiscal year, which runs April 2024 to March 2025.“Moving forward, we’re gearing up for a very promising line-up for fiscal year 2025,” said Guillemot. He went on to confirm that Star Wars Outlaws, an action-adventure game set between The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, would be released before the end of 2024.“It should be a major milestone in the video game industry, especially given the undeniable appeal of this legendary franchise that will be coming for the first time to the Open World territory,” he added.Star Wars Outlaws was announced last year.
For a show that only had 39 episodes over three seasons, it’s a bit shocking to hear how passionate people are about “Hannibal.” Even folks who aren’t fans of network TV commend Bryan Fuller’s reimagining of the classic serial killer character from “Silence of the Lambs.” It feels like a show that was just too far ahead of its time, and it got cancelled because of that.
Enough time has passed that Ewan McGregor has fresh eyes to look back at his time making the “Star Wars” prequel films. He needs a new perspective because, apparently, a lot of his memories, specifically regarding the release of ‘The Phantom Menace,’ aren’t very positive.
Having had the term “toxic fandom” coined around their poor behavior, it’s no secret that some sectors of “Star Wars” fandom have been rather belligerent. Many were up in arms about Rian Johnson’s “The Last Jedi” and even J.J.
As we all know, after a long break from theaters and a pivot on Disney+ with TV series, Lucasfilm has ambitious plans to return “Star Wars” to cinemas. While “The Mandalorian And Grogu” might be the next “Star Wars” film to hit theaters (and if it does, the next available release date is May 2026), there’s also another one nipping at its heels.
Pharrell Williams‘ life will be told via Legos in the new Focus Features movie Piece by Piece, directed by 20 Feet from Stardom Oscar winner Morgan Neville. The pic will hit theaters on Oct. 11.